In and around Islington
Lexicon’s superb canalside location sits beautifully within London’s booming east and central neighbourhoods balanced by Shoreditch and Kings Cross either side. Nowhere else in London can boast such accessibility to a rich and diverse mix of entertainment, social, cultural delights within easy reach. It’s impossible to deny Lexicon’s ability to inspire.
Be enriched by the alluring tapestry of culture and flavours bursting from every direction at Lexicon. From fusion dining at Moro to jellied eels at Clarke’s, a truffle from British chocolatier Paul A. Young and the thrill of discovery at the antiques market. See, do, taste and enjoy!
Whether it’s quiet contemplation with just your thoughts, a notebook and a creamy Flat White, or a lively, lavish evening of fine cuisine and wild stories with friends and family, the area around Lexicon offers lots of things to do to suit your mood.
- Tramshed - voted ‘best meat restaurant’, Time Out
- Ottolenghi - a pre-theatre favourite in Islington
- Comptoir Gascon - discover a fresh taste in this nearby, brilliant bistro/deli
- L'anima - stylish contemporary Italian cuisine close by in the CIty
- St John - lauded, uncompromising head-to-tail eating
- Sushisamba at Heron Tower - Japanese, Brazilian, Peruvian fusion as good as the 38th floor view
- The Three Crowns
- Byron - proper, no-fuss, fresh burgers, with a smile
- Hix Oyster & Chophouse - bullish, British style, near the famous meat market
- Exmouth Market
- The Quality Chop house – the re-imagined working man's eatery
High energy residents will love to know that gyms like Virgin Active are just a somersault away, while those of a more sedate disposition can find contemplation on a stroll along Islington’s hidden streets and lanes, or along the Regent’s Canal down to Victoria Park – or further.
- Virgin Active
- Vie Health Club
- Highbury Fields
- Condor Cycling Shop
- Ironmonger Baths
- Lexicon's own spa, gym, sauna, pool and more
- Urban Golf
- Islington Boat Club
- Shoreditch Park
- Regents Canal
The fashion, beauty and design boutiques sit along Upper Street with the popular high street names, convenience stores, outdoor markets and occasional quirky outlet.
- Chapel Street Market
- Upper Street boutiques
- Paul A. Young Chocolates
- Space NK
- Bobbins Bicycles
- Family Tree on Exmouth Market
If London had to nominate an inspiration hub, it surely would be centered where the Lexicon stands, Feel the alluring tapestry of tastes and culture bursting from every direction at Lexicon. a contemporary ballet at Sadler’s Wells to a classical performance at the Almeida.
- Screen on the Green, a step-back in time cinematic experience
- The Hen & Chickens fringe theatre
- The Old Red Lion theatre
- Sadler's Wells
- Victoria Miro
- Almeida Theatre
- King’s Head theatre pub
- Islington Museum
- The Barbican
Beloved for its transport links, Islington claims to be close to anywhere in Central London, be it by foot, taxi, bus, tube, boat or ‘Boris Bike’.
- Angel and Old Street tube
- Endless bus options and main taxi thoroughfare
- Kings Cross and St Pancras to Europe
- ‘Boris bike’ docking stations
- Kayak or narrow boat along Regent’s Canal
- Call 0207 336 8182