The Property Week RESI Awards are a highlight of the industry calendar. This year’s awards ceremony will be held at the Grosvenor Hotel on Wednesday 10th May.
Lexicon, a joint venture between Mount Anvil and Clarion Housing Group (formerly Affinity Sutton), has been shortlisted for the prestigious Development of the Year award, thanks to its sleek architecture, innovative build methods and tenure-blind canalside homes.
Designed by SOM and Squire & Partners, this 36-storey residential tower and two lower-rise buildings delivered 306 tenure blind new homes (35% affordable) alongside enhanced public realm and mixed-use commercial space. The site layout creates valuable new public space at the edge of Regent's Canal and links the area's traditional dockside warehouses with Lexicon’s striking centrepiece tower.
The scheme also helped kick-start the regeneration of City Road, formerly a neglected main artery, creating an inviting, community-centric part of Islington that has opened the City Basin and Regent’s Canal to City Road. Ensuring a lasting legacy is created, Mount Anvil also invested £250,000 in public realm improvements and donated over £30,000 to local causes.
Mount Anvil is also shortlisted for Small Developer of the Year (less than 1000 units). This year we are celebrating 25 years of building homes and communities across London through partnership, and have:
- Been led by our values: Raise the bar. Work Collaboratively. Do the right thing.
- Delivered over 5,500 new homes and 457,000 sq ft of commercial space, with 3,500 further homes in the pipeline
- Become one of the largest deliverers of Build to Rent homes – nearly 700 homes under construction with our partners
- Recorded our highest ever revenue
- Remained the UK’s number one company for Health & Safety across all sectors for a third consecutive year, receiving the British Safety Council’s highest ever audit score (99.97%).
Dollar Bay has also been shortlisted for the Evening Standard New Homes Awards, reaching the judges' visits stage of judging for ‘Outstanding Architectural Merit’. The Eagle was a finalist at the London Planning Awards for ‘Best New Place to Live’.
We are thrilled that our work, delivered in collaboration with our partners, has been recognised in this way; watch our News & Updates page for more information as the final judgements are made.