The Docklands Area
Billions of pounds are being invested in the Docklands area of London, including Royal Victoria Dock and the neighbourhoods around it - adding new homes and businesses that enhance an already thriving destination.
Located at the stunning Royal Victoria Dock, our Royal Docks West development has it all - amenities on your doorstep, a relaxed dockside atmosphere and only ten minutes from the City.
The Docklands area is an exciting and an ever evolving part of London, undergoing extensive and thoughtful regeneration. With the arrival of Crossrail at Custom House, just a three minute walk from our Royal Docks West development, all eyes are on this emerging neighbourhood in Royal Victoria Dock.
A total of £3.7bn is being invested in the borough to build the new Crossrail Station, new schools, to improve the streets, parks & public spaces,and to create 40,000 new jobs.
- ExCel Centre - on your doorstep
- Canary Wharf - 3 minutes away
- Liverpool St - 10 minutes away
- O2 Arena - 10 minute Emirates Airline ride away
- Westfield Stratford City - 12 minutes away
- London City Airport - 15 minutes away
- Heathrow Airport - 45 minutes away
Already linked to several bus routes, the Jubilee Line and the Custom House DLR station, the Docklands area offers a simple and quick connection to all areas of London, making your travel times just one more thing you'll have to boast about.
Our Royal Docks West development benefits from Crossrail - the most important and impactful transportation project in the country.
With 40 stations on the line, Royal Docks West will be connected to:
- The City in 10 minutes
- Westfield Shopping Centre in 12 minutes
- Bond St in 17 minutes
- Heathrow Airport in 45 minutes, shaving off 30 minutes from the original journey
Further information on this is available in Knight Frank's Crossrail report.
The Royal Docks West apartments are just steps away from the water's edge of Royal Victoria Dock , which truly is a place of leisure, with its many cafes, cocktail bars and restaurants, not forgettingflavours from all around the world, such as Lebanese and Thai. Many of the places to unwind at Royal Victoria Dock sit at the water's edge,for example the floating Good Hotel London - an excellent place to grab breakfast, sip an espresso or relax with a nightcap.
Here is a small list of Royal Docks restaurants:
- Good Hotel London roof top bar
- The Fox at Excel
- Land's End on the Sunborn
- The Crystal cafe
- The Oiler Bar
- Tapa Tapa
The Docklands area is also a place for recreation, where you can kayak, windsurf or even swim outdoors.
- London Watersports Centre - a 2,000m rowing course including rowing, sailing, canoeing and kayaking.
- Urban London Beach - one of London's two outdoor beaches
- Open Water Swimming club
- Wake Up Docklands - London's premiere wakeboarding centre
- Quad Club Fitness Centre - a private, members only gym
- Royal Docks CrossFit - combining world class coaching with an exceptional facility.
Only a bridge walk away is Silvertown Quays, which will become the first purpose-built business destination in the world. Silvertown Quays offers a canvas for exciting start-up companies and creates a fantastic 'art-hub'.
In addition, the Docklands area already offers a world class sculpture trail linking the 02 and the Queen Elizabeth Olympic park, with the aim of bringing high quality art works out of warehouses and into the public realm. Visitors are able to join The Line at any point along the route to explore the three miles of waterways, featuring work by the following heralded artists:
- Damien Hirst
- Martin Creed
- Gary Hume
- Eduardo Paolozzi
Discover more opportunities for a relaxed riverside lifestyle combined with a central location in a key regeneration zone - explore Royal Docks West by downloading the brochure. Find out more about life in Royal Docks E16.